Dryer Vent Frequently Asked Questions
If a dryer vent cleaning is on your to-do list, we can help with any questions you may have. See our list below or call Crystal Clean Duct Service LLC at (571) 364-6588 for more information or to get a free quote now. We serve Northern Virginia including Fairfax County and the surrounding areas.
- If your dryer takes more than one cycle to dry your clothing, this could indicate a buildup of lint in the vent.
- Clothes that are hot after one cycle of drying points to a possible problem.
- A dryer that is hot to the touch while it is running could indicate a blockage in the vent.
- Lint around and behind the dryer is a sign that the vent needs cleaning.
- Laundry rooms that become warm or humid while the dryer is running is a hint to check your vent.
- Clothes that smell musty in the dryer could contain too much moisture due to a blocked vent.
Many appliance manufacturers recommend once every year for a professional dryer vent inspection and cleaning. However, each household is unique in their dryer usage and size of the family. Crystal Clean Duct Service LLC recommends a cleaning every one to three years depending upon the following:
- If your dryer is older than 10 years old, the vent may need to be cleaned more often.
- The longer the dryer vent, the more often it will need to be cleaned. Short dryer vents of five feet or less will not need to be cleaned as often.
- A straight exhaust vent will not need to be cleaned as often as one with bends or elbows.
- Compact or stackable dryers don’t have as good air flow as full-size dryers and may need to be cleaned more frequently.
- A dryer that is used frequently will need to be cleaned more often.
- Commercial establishments with high-dryer usage may need more frequent cleanings.