Why Clean Dryer Vents?
Simply put, it’s a safety hazard if you don’t. Crystal Clean Duct Service LLC can help you reduce at least one risk in your life, and that’s the risk of a dryer fire. Call us at (571) 364-6588 for more information or get a free quote now for a professional dryer vent cleaning. We serve Northern Virginia including Fairfax County and the surrounding areas with our products and services, like our UV Light Air Scrubber.
Risk of Dryer Fires
We can help protect your home or business from dryer fires. During our dryer vent cleaning calls, our clients often tell us they’ve never had their dryer vent cleaned. Frequently, we find them completely clogged with lint. Unlike dust, lint is extremely flammable. When dryer exhaust is pushed into a clogged dryer vent, it’s pushed back inside the hot dryer, creating a combustible situation.
Other Reasons to Clean Dryer Vents
- Air quality risk. Fires aren’t the only risk. It is possible that gases and carbon monoxide that should be released outside of the building through the dryer vent could get backed up into the building if the vent is sufficiently clogged with lint and other debris. This can create dangerous air quality for the occupants of the home or business.
- Shorter drying times. If it takes more than one cycle for your clothes to dry, your vent probably needs to be cleaned. By clearing the vent of lint and debris, you are clearing the way for heat to come through quickly and efficiently.
- Lower energy bills. By keeping your dryer vent system clean, drying times are shortened, which uses less energy. Who doesn’t want cheaper utility bills and more money in your bank account?
- Fewer repairs. By keeping your appliance clean, it doesn’t have to work as hard to do its job. There’s less wear and tear on the dryer, and it will most likely reach its life expectancy with fewer repairs needed over its lifespan.
With normal usage, we recommend an annual dryer vent cleaning to keep your machine operating efficiently. Very large families or commercial clients will need more frequent cleanings. In between times, adhere to the following National Air Duct Cleaners Association guidelines to help maintain your system:
- Empty lint trap after every load.
- Let your dryer cool off for 15-20 minutes between loads.
- Replace your flexible vent pipe with a solid metal one.
- Move the dryer close to an external wall.
- Use liquid fabric softener instead of dryer sheets.
- Regularly inspect the vent pipe from outside the house to see if there is debris.
Why Choose Us?
In an industry rife with scams, choose the residential and commercial professional.
Most powerful and efficient equipment in the industry.
Source removal method of cleaning.
Family-run business since 1953. We are here to stay.
Flat-rate pricing, no hidden charges. 15% off for returning customers.
Company-wide continuing education.
Schedule with Crystal Clean Duct Service LLC Today
Lessen the risk of dryer fires in your home or business with a professional dryer vent cleaning from Crystal Clean Duct Service LLC. Call (571) 364-6588 or request a free quote now. We serve clients throughout Northern Virginia including Fairfax County, Loudoun County, Fauquier County, and Prince William County. Our team often works in the surrounding areas such as Reston, McLean, Arlington, Herndon, Gainesville, and many other area towns and cities. See our who we are page for more information.